Bowling is a sport played for recreation. It is known as a way to spend time with your friends. All you need to do is roll the ball and hit the target. There are specific lanes for each ball. In the end, the alley pins are placed in an orderly manner. You release the ball and try to knock out maximum pins as possible you can find the bowling alley near your place and enjoy this fun activity.
1. The game consists of 10 frames. In each frame, a bowler gets to throw the ball twice. There are ten pins placed at the end. If the bowler knocks out ten pins in one roll, the bowler gets a strike. If the bowler knocks out ten pins in two rolls, it is called a spare.
2. The maximum number of points you can achieve in this game is 300.
3. There is a foul line on the lane. A player is not allowed to cross the line matter what. You need to roll the ball from the line. If your foot touches the line, you are not allowed the points.
Bowling can be classified into two categories, pin bowling and target bowling. Pin bowling further consists of different variations.
1. Pin bowling
1. Ten-pin bowling: The balls have three pub holes. The ball is played with two or three fingers. The pins used for this type are heavy and large.
2. Nine-pin bowling: The balls do not have any holes.
3. Candlepin bowling: The pins used are tall. The ball is the smallest and most lightweight.
4. Duckpin bowling: The ball is handheld. The pins are short.
5. Five-pin bowling: The pins used are between duckpin and candlepin. The ball is handheld.
2. Target bowling
This type of bowling is played outdoors. The player throws the ball at the target.
Equipment for bowling
1. Balls used for the game are based on the variations you choose. The ball used in ten-pin has three holes. Lighter balls have different sizes and spacing. The ball’s core helps you with the desired path of the ball.
2. Pins come in different sizes according to the variation of the game you are playing. As you have seen, the shape of the pins is a cylinder that has to flatten in the middle part where the ball will hit. The material used for making the pins is maple wood. It is first shaped and then coated with plastic and color. Nowadays, synthetic materials are allowed in a bowling alleys as wood is becoming scarce.
3. Bowling requires a specific type of shoes. One of the shoes is made up of rubber to produce friction. That shoe is a non-sliding shoe. Another shoe is coated with smooth material for sliding.